3 Die from Methanol Poisoning in Hand Sanitizer Products

Three people are dead after getting poisoned with methanol in hand sanitizer products. New Mexico health officials said Friday the three deaths, a case of blindness and three others left in critical condition happened as a result of the victims’ getting methanol in their system through the use of the sanitizer products. To learn more and to receive assistance in case of poisoning, contact the New Mexico Poison Center or visit NMPoisonCenter-dot-UNM-dot-EDU.